Monday, January 23, 2006

Stock Market Active - Go On-Line

Hi:

It’s a good idea to keep track of your investments on-line. It’s easy to become lazy and not know where you are. This is especially important if you have some penny-stock plays and need to be in and out on a timely basis.

I know plenty of people who trade on-line. It does require a basic understanding of the stock market. Stock market information is readily available. Depending on your personality style, education, work background and interests, it is not difficult to understand.

I took the Canadian Securities Course about 35 years ago, when I was more or less a child (ha-ha). I was a very young adult, however. We had to do all the calculations by hand as there were no calculators in those days.

It has stood me in good stead over the years, even though I am not technically inclined or interested in following the market on a daily basis.

My investment style is towards secure, non-volatile stocks, that always make money. If only! Lots of markets are hot today: gold, mining, uranium, oil to name a few, so if you are interested in putting your toe in the water, now would be an interesting time.

Trade on paper first or in a fictional account, on-line, until you get the hand of it. It’s not that hard. Good luck.

No comments: