Thursday, February 23, 2006

Take some time off!

Hi:

It's important to remember we all have peak periods of production and times when we can't be as productive.

If you've been working hard for a while, you might need a mental break. Even a few days of doing nothing can work wonders.

I need to keep reminding myself that I am not lazy. When my creativity wanes and everything becomes an effort, I know it's time to stop. I start doing less important and more physical activities, such as shopping or catch-up on housework.

I find that I need to gear down in stages if I've been extremely busy. Sometimes when I'm quite involved I don't even sleep well. Even when I have a day off I can't sleep in. At that point I'm a bit too revved up to do that.

What I do instead is less important things that require little brain-power. I gear down gradually. I let my body take over, have naps in the afternoon and have a slow day. Then I find I sleep very well and wake up refreshed and ready to go at it again.

Being aware of our personal bio-rhythms is smart. Those who ignore them do so at their peril, especially as we are not as young as we once were.

We need to have fun along the way.

M.

http://yournextgreatadventure.com/Feed/feed_rss.xml

No comments: